Monday, February 24, 2014

Arrival of the Idol: Episode 2 recap

Hey everyone!
FEBRUARY POST CHALLENGE #19
Since episode 2 of Arrival of the Idol was broadcast yesterday I'll write a short recap. 
In the episode we showed the swimming open, track open and track semi. Obviously, these are not winter sports, but the Idolympics happen in the summer so we have to do these events in winter in order to get them done by the time we attend the Idolympics overseas. 
It's okay, the Arrival of the Idol director is so nice, she especially asked the community centre ahead of time to make the water two degrees warmer! We call her Iva. 
We filmed the track portion because it was easier and we didn't have to spend tons of time waiting for everyone to dry up before the makeup team can fix us up and then shoot the track. Okay. Basically, track first!
It was really cold so we used the indoor track. They have this three lane track suspended around the outside of the second floor of the building, and the sides are all windows so you can see the runners from the inside of the second floor as well from outside. 
We had heats of three (I mean what else can we do?) and half the participants were cut out. I was cut out, I'll admit I'm not really a great runner and I'm tiny and short and slow...*sigh* Rome made it though, she's really fast and she just happened to be in my heat and laughed her head off when I literally finished fifty seconds slower than her. Hmph!
Long story short; it took us about twenty heats to get through everyone! We had to stop for lunch before filming the semis. Iva got us hot lunches. Huge pot of fried rice, vegetables, chicken, beef, pork. Are you wondering why there's so many plates of meat? Don't be offended, my vegetarian and vegan friends, we idols live off of meat... It gives us energy and energy equals high performance! I can't say that there weren't a couple of vegetarians who became non-vegetarians after joining SERA00 either. It's not that we want I intentionally kill and eat the animals, it's just a part of our diet. 
Anyways, I sat out the next hour or two since I flunked out of my first race, got my makeup waterproofed, hair done (they put my hair in a braid). 
And swimming...mwahahahaha!!! Rome can't swim for her life *evil grin* it's revenge time ;)
Am I a good swimmer? Watch the episode for yourself. I used to dive before SERA00, so I can do tricks off the diving board. Of course Iva seemed to know that so shots of me diving should have made it into the episode. I finished with a good time, advancing to the open in the 400m swim, and barely made it through for the water games. 
In the end, this is an entertainment show, so  we also included some games as competition so those who can't swim can participate too. So a bunch of floaty mats were lashed together to form a bridge and you go in pairs. You have to piggyback the other person and get across the pool first before the other pairs. 
I actually didn't team up with Rome cuz we couldn't lift each other so I was put with Brindle who is big enough to piggyback me. Needless to say we fell in the water three times getting across but still managed to qualify for the semi somehow! I don't expect to come out anywhere near the top in this "discipline" >.<
Please support SERA00!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, Evie is waiting to read your comment ... ^_^