Monday, March 30, 2015

Passion, dreams, and life....

Hey everyone!

MARCH POST CHALLENGE #9

I may never have mentioned this particular hobby of mine before, but I really enjoy film-making. From the process of dreaming up an idea, to storyboarding it, getting the crew together and catching all those perfect angles on the camera, and then finally piecing it together with some post-production magic. And in a way, I do think it's real magic - the way we can translate reality into another medium, and combine all the senses for an immersive experience is really magical to me. To be creating this magic is a dream come true for me. Check out some of my work in the blog sidebar => there's an embedded YouTube video of a dance cover of Apink's "Mr. Chu". It was an on the spot thing, so with all things considered, it's not too bad XD

But then that's the thing with some dreams, isn't it? Nothing is impossible...but is everything really possible? Our world is structured in such a way that there's a process to get anywhere. Not a journey of learning and experiences, but rather a set structure - take schooling for example. What perception do you have of someone who says they're a high school drop-out, versus a university graduate? Education is crucial to one's growth - but I believe that education and schooling are two very different things. Education is broad and encompassing, but schooling is limited and strict on the way they educate students. Isn't that kind of ironic? It's like harnessing something naturally free and wild, and reteaching it how to behave, how it's supposed to behave - or rather - how we expect it to behave.

Maybe I just think this way because I'm not doing so well in school myself. Maybe it's just an excuse. Or maybe it's a view that has opened up to me over the recent time periods. Something that causes you to view the world differently - passion. I've discovered different things over the past couple of years. I've discovered that Asian culture fascinates me. I've discovered music from Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and more recently, Korea. I've discovered the different stories they tell through their language, whether it be by lyric or film. I've discovered the stories I want to tell, and the ways I want to tell them.

I've discovered something I feel passionate about...yet it's still out of reach.

Because of the process. But don't blame the process, they might tell you. Blame yourself. Why can't you complete the process successfully when millions of others have? Just follow the process.

But sometimes, it just doesn't happen like that. What's my process? School and SERA00? University, get a job? I don't see film making, or penning songs, or creating worlds with words anywhere in that process. Because my process rejects these ideas no matter how much I want them - they just don't fit into that process. Everyone's passion is unique, and when it comes to something that just doesn't fit into your process no matter how hard you work, or how hard you try, you have to break that process to get what you want.

Only sometimes, we're too scared to break that process.

And often times, we don't know how to.

Please support SERA00!

P.S. SERA00 does have an academic policy. I wrote about it once in one of the first posts ever written on this blog. If you can't keep up with your academics, you're out. I know I have to work harder in order to show you a better Evie!

1 comment:

Go ahead, Evie is waiting to read your comment ... ^_^