Thursday, December 22, 2016

Hey Evie! Tell me about Harley...

Hey everyone!

Happy winter! The SERA00 ON AIR concert is coming up, but the members have still found time to visit relatives. At my parents' house, snow was piling above and over the edge of the roof - the melting edges dripping onto the ground and icing over the entrance to the house. We had to prevent it from dripping onto the walkway, so we tried to smash down the snow blocks with a broom. I thought it'd be fun, but really, you just get caught in your own self-induced snowfall.

Where did Harley Breeze go off to? When members take breaks, we're still usually together, because most of our friends are other SERA00 members. Not to say that no member has friends outside SERA00, but Harley in particular always seems to disappear off the face of the earth at times like these.

AnonymousDecember 17, 2016 at 11:50 PM
...Hey, Evie! Has Harley revealed anything new about her mysterious past? ;)

I've mentioned Harley's mysterious image before - you can refer to this post, when I not-so-secretly stalked her for a day, and this post, when I not-so-successfully needled her for answers in an interview. In contrast, Harley has very successfully kept her private life hidden. I guess that's why they call it a celebrity's private life. It's private. So there's your answer right there - no. Harley herself hasn't revealed anything new.

But why worry, when you have Evie the super indiscreet detective? On the day of the 2015 Winter Concert (story courtesy of Angel), Harley called in saying she had something urgent to do, but would try her best to make the concert. She literally showed up five minutes before she was due to make her first appearance. She was cutting it waaaay too close, but somehow managed to make the performance as if she had been backstage the whole time. Apparently she had shown up at the venue with another girl, a non-SERA00 member. Angel described her as an East Asian girl with long black hair, who seemed perfectly comfortable wearing a sundress in the middle of winter.

When Angel told this story, I assumed the girl was Harley's best friend - the even more mysterious individual Harley mentioned in a 2014 interview (linked above). I had been asking her why she kept her past so well-hidden.

"It's mainly because my entire past is affiliated with her, my best friend, and I deeply feel the need to respect her wishes, which is that none of the past we share gets out to the public."

That's all I have on Harley! I hope some of the curiosity has been satisfied.

Please supp-

Hello, hello. Author Evie would like to step in for a few words. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to break protocol and give an out-of-universe answer, but...why not. Relative to SERA00, Harley Breeze is probably the oldest character - she had existed before I conceived of SERA00. In other words, Harley Breeze is a character that exists in another world, another one of my stories. I brought the entire character over when I started writing SERA00, which is the main reason why Harley's "past" is so mysterious. Her "past" is what happened in the other story, and the genres of these two worlds don't mix. I dug out Harley's first appearance in a 2012 piece of writing. If you can brush aside the cringy-ness of my old work, then please enjoy.



Please support SERA00!

2 comments:

  1. (In-universe) Ooh, the mystery continues!

    (Out-of-universe) That's actually really cool, and thank you for answering! I've been pretty curious about that one for awhile, haha. It's really nice of you to share a little of your old work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for taking the time to ask a question :)

      Delete

Go ahead, Evie is waiting to read your comment ... ^_^