Friday, February 15, 2013

SERA00 Sweetshop: Part 1

After the milkshakes, I had Thebes (she was driving, we made the guards stay "out of sight"; which they think means to "stare creepily through the windows of the sweets shop") drop me off at the SERA00 Sweetshop. It's a café owned by SERA00. And when I'm too old to sing and dance in SERA00, I will ask Miss Avery to appoint me as SERA00's official stuff-namer. I mean; SERA00 Sweetshop. SERA00 Complex. SERA00 Theatre. Surely one can be more unique that that???
The Sweetshop is located just in the town next to the complex, and is completely owned by SERA00. We sell tea, coffee, milkshakes, juices, and the likes of that; we also have an assortment of pretty cakes and tarts, along with a small menu. It's not a large café, so we have a small number of staff to keep the atmosphere genial. All girls, of course, keeping up with the theme of SERA00.
Despite our feminine ambiance and menu, the Sweetshop is immensely popular with both girls and guys, perhaps a little more with the latter. Admittedly, most of our customers are fans who want to visit the reputable little Sweetshop owned by their favourite band. The real treat lies for the fans when, instead of the usual staff, a SERA00 member appears from the kitchen. Most SERA00 girls do drop in to provide the much-needed help now and then, perhaps the less famous girls more frequently.
Of course, being a C rank, I work there all too often, and the manager knows me well. Besides, when you're a minor living away from home, with all your SERA00 money going to your parents to hold on for you, the extra right-into-my-pocket allowance is greatly welcomed. So I had called in to check with the manager who invited me with passion. Or maybe it was from breathlessness. I could almost imagine her carrying five platters while clamping the phone between her head and shoulder. Unlike most managers, I think she's really passionate about her job and works harder than any of the staff. With the ridiculous maximum limit of eight staff, including the manager and chefs, but excluding any drop-in SERA00 members, I can imagine that she welcomes the help.
Upon arriving at the Sweetshop, I slipped in discreetly through the back door. At this café, any SERA00 member, famous or not, could cause quite a commotion. The manager looked quite relieved to see me (really, why does Miss Avery keep that staff limit rule in place?). The manager is a really nice girl. All the staff are girls in their late teens, usually working part-time jobs while in school. The manager has the uniquest name in the history of names. No kidding. She's really cool about it, but seriously, where on earth did her parents stumble across a name like Felabeorht? Apparently Felabeorht is a real name that means "brilliant", so instead of using that mouthful of a name, we call her Fela or Brilla (they sorta rhyme ^_^).
Fela was short of breath, so were the four other waitresses; the three chefs were whipping up food in flurries.
"There are a bunch of customers milling around for a table, a bunch of people waiting to place orders, and to get their food, and tables that need to be cleaned..." Fela moaned.
"Don't worry," I reassured Fela. "Girls!" All the wait staff had heard my entrance and gathered in the back room. "April and Brisley, clear the tables and wash the dishes. Cassie, bring out the food and and whatever service the customers need. Fela, you go entertain the people waiting, show them SERA00 merchandise or posters, whatever, I'll go take orders with Tessa."
Like I said before, the atmosphere is very genial and I admire that Fela doesn't act like the big boss. She's can lead her staff well but is also content to let someone else give orders, whether it's a SERA00 member or one of the waitresses. I guess it helps that we're all close in age. Fela also has this belief that SERA00 members can handle people better...hmmm. But she also knows the value of me taking orders.
This creates a close connection between the celebrity and their fans. Having someone from the group you idolize serve you; it's not something that happens to anyone. And it's only possible with SERA00 due to our "idols you can meet" motto. Even after one of the super-extremely-popular first generation members, Sadie Night, joined the G rank, her career blossomed and she gained even more fans as a solo artist. But her fans weren't able to meet her in such a amiable setting or have her serve you tea, for that matter, like they could have when she was still in SERA00.
The other reason I didn't entertain the guests myself was because SERA00 members weren't allowed to give public concerts, no matter how small, without permission. I had sent a quick text back to the complex and hoped to hear a reply soon.
And that's the first part of the story of the SERA00 Sweetshop. This is getting to be a long short story and I don't want to bore you in this post so I'll continue the story of that day in Part 2! Yay! Please continue to support SERA00 and we give you all our love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, Evie is waiting to read your comment ... ^_^