Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Typewriter

Hey everyone!

I came across a typewriter today. I knew they were loud to type on, but it still surprised me just how loud it was - the clack-clack-clack sound resonated through the quiet library and I winced with every key I hit. It took a few tries to get used to this no-mistakes-allowed form of writing. My first attempt is laughable:


The second try, I had a better idea of what I wanted to write, but still made a few irreversible mistakes:

A poem by Evie :)

Luck
had nothing to do with it
That she had been inexplicably spared -
miraculously -
For it was a dangerous type
of complacency
Too silent to be safe,
like the calm before the storm -
A quiet sigh, a passing hush
Luck had nothing to do with it.

I guess I'll post the photos on Instagram as well, because apparently I decided to update that again...
Anyways, as I mentioned in my first, ah, "poem", Chinese/Lunar New Year is coming up! We'll be having a special Encore Stage for that this Friday, so come out and have some fun :)

Please support SERA00!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, Evie is waiting to read your comment ... ^_^