Wednesday, June 26, 2013

SERA00 Surprise! Last days of school surprise visit ^_^

Good moooorning everyone! This is Evie, Reece, Sassan, Fracken, Luna, Maya, and Angel on a bus, going to surprise a high school! Recap from the last post:
We're SERA00; the idols you can meet!
This year, we're picking two schools, one elementary and one high school, to visit on their last day of school assembly! We've asked students in schools everywhere in Canada to apply for this opportunity, and we've received overwhelming response of 4768 elementary schools and 1903 high schools!
Now the actual number is closer to 5k elementary schools and 2k high schools. So there are seven members going to the school today. We're from the Dry cast, even though it hasn't been released yet...well, anything for promotion :P The high school that was picked from the lucky draw lottery is E. H. K. Secondary School! Today, the MCs from SERA00 Sonic Speed, the RW Comedic Duo, Renner and Warner, are the hosts of this program.
"Alright," Renner said. "Let's have some background info! So, the student who applied on behalf of EHK is a tenth grade boy by the name of Josiah Ackerman. It says that a bunch of people from the school wanted to apply, but he provided the name as he is an avid SERA00 fan. He wrote, EHK is a wonderful place where everyone is supportive of each other. I moved schools many times, and I was so surprised at the atmosphere I recieved when I walked into this school. Everyone is so kind and welcoming, even though I entered this school in the middle of grade nine last year, even the seniors. So I think it would be a great present to all these students of SERA00 could visit on our last day of school."
The members nodded as Renner read the application.
"Right," Warner said flamboyantly, "Josiah's favourite members are..."
"Dun dun dun," Renner provided.
"I bet it's me," Luna grinned comedically.
"Well, it's actually Miss Vera here," Warner poked me in the head.
I widened my eyes in surprise. "Actually?"
"Congrats," Angel said. All the members were clapping.
"What about his second choice?" Luna nagged him.
"His, ahh, second choice...is Luna," Warner conceded reluctantly.
Luna pumped her fist in the air. "Yes! I knew it! econd!"
"Okaaay! So here's the plan," Renner managed to randomly produce a Bristol board in the van that had a crudely drawn diagram. "Only the teachers know we're coming. So we're going to surprise Josiah...with Evie!"
Warner continued. "Josiah is a prefect, so we're going to have a teacher call him to the office, saying that he needs to show around a visitor. And then, when he turns the knob, who is sitting in the chair waiting?"
"Evie!" my friends shouted.
"Correct!" Warner shoved an earpiece into my hands. We'll be monitoring the encounter in another room. With the school's cooperation, we've planted some hidden cameras to capture the meeting!"
We placed our hands in a pact. Angel led the shout. "SERA00!"
"Smiling, EneRgetic, Admirable...we'll always be kind and nice and just! SERA00!" we roared. We had arrived. We snuck inside without any problem and met up with the teacher who was in on our plan. After setting things up with the principal, everything was in place and good to go.
Past this point I'm just narrating the SERA00 Sonic Speed episode because I couldn't actually see what was going on in the other room.
The girls were clustered around a TV, that showed a feed from one of the cameras in the office.
The PA system turned on. "Sorry for the interruption. Would Josiah Ackerman report to the office for prefecting, please? Josiah Ackerman to the office. Thank you."
"He's coming," Renner said in my ear. The episode switches to a shot of a blond haired girl standing nonchalantly in the halls, reading a book.
Maya!?
"There's Maya," Renner said, confirming my suspicious. "Maya? Go around the corner, see if he's there."
Maya takes a step, reaches up a hand to yank her wig back in place, and disappears from the camera's view for a couple of seconds. Her voice sounded. "He's right on me," she hissed quietly, walking casually down the hall. Sure enough, Josiah appeared walking behind Maya. He didn't seem to notice anything wrong.
"Switch to office cam!" Warner gestured rapidly. "Evie, are you ready? He's coming in seven, six, five, four, three, two..."
The doorknob to the office turned. I had my back to Josiah at the time, but from the video, I could see that he spotted me when the door had opened about halfway. He froze.
I was wearing a SERA00 uniform, which was probably a dead giveaway to him that something was not quite right.
Josiah glanced at his surroundings, as if looking for help, but he was alone. Once again, he reverted to staring at my back. He took a few tentative steps forwards, and to the side, trying to get a good look at my face. But I resisted the urge to turn.
"Uhhhh..." he emitted a low sound. I pretended not to hear him.
"Don't say anything!" Renner shrieked in my earpiece.
He waited for a moment, and then seeing that I wasn't doing anything, he tried again. "...Excuse me?"
"Turn and look at him with a quizzical expression," Warner coached. "Say, yes?"
I turned and looked casually at him, as if nothing was wrong. "Yes?"
"Ahhh..." he shifted uncomfortably. "Are you...would you happen to be...ummm...maybe...Evie? From SERA00?"
"He identified you!" I could hear the members' whoops in my earpiece from the other room. "Lie," Warner shouted. "We'll be right there!"
"No," I preceded to trick him. I put on a phony British accent. "Unfouuchunately noht," I drawled, keeping a straight face. "Many hauve mistoohk me fouh Ehvaunjaleen Verah in the paust."
"Oh," Josiah said awkwardly, slightly speechless. He looked over my costume. "Um, are you sure?"
"Ahm I shuure," I drawled, "thaht I ahm noht Ehvaunja-"
"Surprise!" Sassan, Luna, Fracken, Angel, Maya, Reece, and the RW Duo burst threw the office door.
"Surprise," I grinned. I bowed to him. "Nice to meet you. I'm Evangeline Vera."
Josiah was confused for a moment, and then broke out into a wide smile. "I'm Josiah Ackerman...um, I'm a big fan of yours."
"Thanks!" I said.
Renner shoved a microphone in Josiah's face. "What does this feel like, to have SERA00 suddenly invade your school?"
"Ah..." Josiah laughed nervously. "Is this a dream? It feels like a dream to meet all of you at once."
"Not a dream," Warner confirmed.
"Well then...I guess this is really too good to be true..." he paused, glancing at me with unbelieving eyes. "I bought a theatre version of Seventh Heaven, and lined up in your line for four hours, but I had to leave before it was my turn."
I pursed my lips. "Well that was too bad. I'm so sorry. I hope I'll see you next time! Maybe in the Dry national handshake event!" I stepped forwards and took up his hands. "But since I'm here already..." I shook his hands vigorously, and even gave him a hug.
"Thank you so much," he beamed.
"There'll be time for photos and autographs later," Renner said, "but now we need your help, Josiah, to crash your end of the year assembly!"
Okay. We're back in the room. We've been staring at the TV for about forty-five minutes now. We've planted cameramen and women in the gymnasium, telling the students that they can buy a copy of the disc of the assembly later or something. Anyhow, judging from the video feed, none of them suspect anything.
We're not going to have Josiah announce us, because that would arouse too much suspicion for the people who did know that Josiah applied. He will have the chance after our performance. The gym is full now, and the first performances have started.
Near the end of the assembly, Warner beckoned to us. "Let's go." We all snuck around the school and entered through the stage entrance. We were to be the last act, the finale.
"Okay girls," Angel said. "Are we ready?"
"Yes!"
"First up is Seventh Heaven!"
"Yeaaaaahh!"
The teacher stood at the podium and announced the "next act". "In order to celebrate your last day of school, we have a treat for you today."
The cheers sounded.
"It is not cake."
The groans sounded.
"It is something better!"
The students cheered again.
"Please welcome our last act of the day. Let the finale begin!"
The opening chords to our single, Seventh Heaven, blared out of the loudspeakers and on cue, we ran onto stage. "The light is on you, in you, everywhere. There's a place in front, ahead, out of reach."
There was, of course, that moment of silence when everyone's like "what". And then there are our hardcore WOTAs who start screaming the mixes :) and then everyone else realizes that SERA00 is at their school and they start freaking out as well. My, my, I think this is the best part of being in SERA00; watching people be surprised. But it's also really good to know that because you're in SERA00, that's why you're capable of surprising them and making their day! Isn't that such a good feeling? "This is the top, of the chain of rivals. This is the top, of the chain of inspiration!"
At the end of Seventh Heaven, Angel stepped forwards to take the MC. "Eh..." she paused to catch her breath. "Good morning EHK!!!"
"Asfksjraewwwaaaadkgjejwjck!!" they screamed back.
"Are you having fun??"
"YEAAAHH!"
"I'm Angel, and this is SERA00! Thank you for welcoming us!" Angel holds her microphone to the side, a cue for us. We all bow at the same time. "Your very own sophomore, Josiah Ackerman, invited us here to celebrate your last day of school!"
"Wddjjaaaajdkksaaahhahajsf!!!"
"The next song we're going to sing for you is called When the Bells Toll, our graduation song for you." Angel stepped back.
We performed the melancholy song. It's actually one of my favourites.
"When the bells toll, I'll be waiting...for youuuuuuu."
Our audience cheered wildly and we knew we did a good job. "Encore! Encore! Encore! Encore!"
The senior members were offstage, quickly discussing their schedules with our crew. Then Sassan nodded over to the rest of us and mouthed, "Look Up."
We heard the unmistakable howl that was the opening of Look Up, and the students cheered. Most of them were up on their feet now, and we even saw a couple fans performing wotagei.
"Look up, look up, look up, I said look up, look up, look u-u-up!" we danced and sang to the upbeat song. "Cuz wherever you are, you're never alone, and the stars in the sky, will never fall! So look up, look up, look up..."
So, our SERA00 Surprise of EHK Secondary School was a success! Afterwards, we stayed for an hour for quick photographs and autographs and handshakes.
No time to waste! We were off to another event. Later that night, we still had a SERA00 Stage performance. A busy life is the price to pay for the ability to entertain people; but it's well worth it!
Please support SERA00!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, Evie is waiting to read your comment ... ^_^