Sunday, July 10, 2016

July Update #1 - hair, food, um...more food?

Hey everyone!

I know I keep promising to post more often...I'm trying! An update post counts, right...?

Photo! I dyed my ends (see previous graduation post for photos of my usual hair) with blue, but it didn't really come out blue...maybe a murky green with blue streaks? Ah, it's ok, the colour is actually growing on me.


In case you were curious, this photo was taken at the Copacabana Brazilian Steakhouse in Toronto - it's Summerlicious, so we dined there. Yes, the food was good. I am still quite stuffed from the experience.

Tomorrow, more food! I'm attending a potluck organized by my fellow MAPS classmates, since it's our last year in high school. It'll probably be hard to see most of them. Speaking of which, some of you asked me where the other SERA00 98' liners are attending university. You may already know this if you've read press releases or something, but an overwhelming majority of us are attending either U of T, Ryerson, or York. The reason? SERA00, likely. It'd be almost impossible to continue SERA00 activities and attend a farther post-secondary institution, as we'd have to be in two places at the same time. That's just not happening, For some, SERA00 might be the dream - a dream they aren't willing to give up, but I think also, for a lot of us, SERA00 is comfort. And it can be hard to step out of that comfort zone.

I'm in no position to comment on which of the paths is the best. There are members who have taken both in the past - some who've graduated SERA00 to pursue higher education, some who've stayed close in order to continue on with SERA00, even some who have dedicated their attention to SERA00 full-time. I'm on the boat that is tethered here with SERA00, and I won't deny that I've questioned my choice, of turning down more "prestigious" offers to stay close, turning down the unknown, and perhaps the challenges and opportunities that could have come with it.

But since the choice has been made, there's no use dwelling on what could have been, or we might miss what still could be :)

Please support SERA00!

P.s. for those who noticed that the title said Update #1, there WILL be Update #2, focused on SERA00 related activities. I SWEAR. IT'S COMING.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, Evie is waiting to read your comment ... ^_^